Thursday, January 6, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

I have always loved "Annalee" figurines and ornaments because my mom has a delightful collection of them. Jonathan thinks that their cute faces are scary, but they aren't, they're just cute. :) Last year for Christmas we were given an amazing Annalee advent calendar and this year Connor and I moved the elf each morning when we came down to start the day.

One day I realized that we were going to be traveling for Christmas and we would get to move the elf all the way to December 25th. Jonathan and I wanted to start some Christmas traditions at our own house with Connor this year, so we came up with the plan that on the 21st, we would slowly move the elf throughout the day so that by night time, it would be our Christmas Eve!
December 21, Morning
December 21, Midday
December 21, Afternoon
December 21, Evening

We put out milk and cookies for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer in hopes that he could swing by our house just a little bit early this year...

Jonathan continued a family tradition by reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas". We don't have a copy of the book, so what better to do than find it online! :)




And on the morning of the 22nd.........



We all woke up.......


Went downstairs..........


And lo and behold, turns out Santa loves lime cooler cookies and had to swing by early!
"Hey, where'd my cookie go?"






Thank you Connor! Our December 25th!

The day continued with a little more rolling action...

...and a visit to see Santa! You know, just in case he also wanted to drop something off at Nana and Grandad's or Marmee and Papa's!
Is Santa not ginormous with Connor?

Merry Christmas 2010!


1 comment:

  1. Yes it's 12:32AM. I have just taken down all the Christmas decorations with the exception of the Dept. 56 Christmas Houses. I just sat down to check my email before I crash and I got a wonderful surprise. It was your BLOG!
    Yea!!!!!!!!
    I love reading it. Thank you for taking the time.
    I love all three of you.
    Pleasant dreams.
    Love,
    Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete