Lauren and Chris had some great photos from their visit, so I'm flashing back to August for the beginning of this post!
"Are you sure you can handle this swing, Connor?"
Jonathan entertaining at the pool with a noodle.
The pool had cooled down a little and the dads were brave -
I'm pretty sure that Summer could've stayed in for 12 hours if we let her!
One awesome bowling shot - with a ridiculous lady in the background.
We miss you guys!
Labor Day weekend/week was a whirlwind. We celebrated a 50th birthday with a friend from church, then had a visit with our fabulous VA friends! I really failed on picture taking, but we got this sweet one before C went to bed.
Ha! Typical.
The big news is this. After Con went to bed, we played a little Hand and Foot. Now, Sara and Jason taught us this game, and we've played with some other people here and there, but have we ever beaten our teachers? I'm pretty sure no. BUT THEN - ON 9/3/11 - WE WERE VICTORIOUS! Sara, you can rip up my beautiful winning score sheet but you can't erase my blog! Hahaha - love you guys, thanks for letting us win one! We can't wait to get up there for a visit soon!
Okay, so THEN, Sunday night, our friends Carey and Matthew arrived with their golden retriever, Lucy. Matthew is in the air force and they are relocating (I believe they call this PCSing but I have NO idea what that stands for!) so they broke up their big move with a visit at our place! It was so good to see them and Carey is expecting a baby in February so I was very excited to see her little belly! We got to see how wild it was with an almost one-year-old, an old small dog, and a big puppy in the house! Otto, I'm sorry to say that we are not getting another dog anytime soon, but we had a great time together.
Sadly, on Tuesday morning Carey went to get something from the car and it turned out that a few cars had been broken into on our street, including hers. Sigh. We've never even heard of this happening in our neighborhood, but literally, no driver's side window left, GPS gone, and glass everywhere. Then a police officer hauled Carey and Matthew down to the station!
Hahaha - I couldn't really see what my pics looked like when I was outside, sadly you can't really see them in the back of the car. We are hopeful that after they took some fingerprints, they might find out who did this! We are also thankful that nothing else was stolen from their car, and they ended up getting to spend an extra night with us, relaxing and playing some Mexican Train (dominos) before heading on their way. Um, I don't have any more pictures from their whole visit - Carey? I'll post some when you send me some! :)
Thursday, the Packers had their big kick off game and someone in our house was very excited! This is officially the first game he got to wear his cheese head since we got it for him on his birthday after football had ended last season.
Of course, a little Connor update for this week. He is loving anything he can get his hands on in the kitchen. This is the very first time I found myself wishing I had a little less glass and a little more plastic around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting rid of any of my vintage Pyrex bowls in their beautiful colors - we are just working on what he can and cannot take out of the cupboards!
A last super cute one...sorry it's poor quality from my phone. I was on praise team on the 4th and that means staying a little later on choir rehearsal night. Fine with me but poor Connor - it puts him way past his bedtime. Jonathan runs the rehearsal from the piano and Con was sitting on my lap for a bit but was really itching to get down, so I gave in and let him crawl on the choir room floor (yeah, yuck). So fun that he crawled straight to Daddy, pulled up on the piano bench, and did a big swing around so that he could help with the piano!
On tip toes, of course. Distracting? Maybe. Amazing? Definitely.A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to my beautiful, wonderful mother! I might've stolen this pic from her camera - my parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary in a couple months and took a cruise to Bermuda where they spent their honeymoon.
We love you Mom/Marmie!
One last note - please continue to pray for our friend Phil. During choir last Wednesday, he received a call from the surgeon they have been working with and found out that there is still cancerous activity that is too near the artery they were worried about and he will not operate. Not sure what the next step is going to be - but his family is enjoying some time together right now and the choir is still praying for a miracle. Thanks to everyone who has been praying along with us!








No comments:
Post a Comment