:)
In the past month we have closed on our first house, packed up our "old" house, moved into our new house (with a LOT of help - so thankful!), had Connor's first two illnesses and sick visits to the doctor, made it to now weekly prenatal doctor visits, had a SO FUN baby shower, made it through a giant conference at church, dealt with a panicky dog, completely weaned baby #1 to get ready for baby #2, survived the time change and a middle-of-the-night doorbell ringing, and are in the process of being as ready as possible for baby girl to arrive! You know, besides work and all other "regular" stuff!
So, out with the old (well, just the rental)...
...and in with the new!
YAY!
I do not think a day has gone by in the past two weeks where I haven't thought, "I DEFINITELY need to blog about that." I kind of have a mushy pregnant lady brain right now though, so I'm pretty sure I remember none. Here's an example though...
Tonight I went to a prenatal exercise class at the Y. I hadn't been in 3 weeks. I was about 10 minutes late - I've never been on time once. So it goes! This is a quiet, stretching/strengthening type class, so sneaking in is not very easy - but I was determined to go and feel good and quietly got in there as best as I could. About 25 minutes later, my phone vibrates...mid-plie and out of my sight line. A few minutes later, it vibrates again, mid-squat this time. So I make a stretch to grab it and see that it was Jonathan, both...times. When I left the house, Connor had been very interested in eating a hot dog and I was going over the Heimlich with Jonathan...you know, just in case! Yikes. I grabbed my phone and hurried on tip toe out of class, but not before the teacher yelled, "Oops, did that one make you have to pee?!" Ha...
"No, my husband called...twice." (muffled giggles)
"Is he home with the baby?"
"Oh yes." (much more audible giggles)
At least every woman in there was pregnant and will have her fair share of baby stories! So I call him back..."Hi Honey," he says.
"What's wrong?!?!?!"
"Oh nothing, I mean, I locked us out of the house..."
Sigh. So much for me suggesting that they go to the playground b/c my giant pregnant belly and Connor can no longer fit down the slide together (our last attempt was last week and now I am avoiding it like the plague!). At least there was no Heimlich Maneuver involved! Needless to say, all those prego ladies got a good laugh when I returned to class and explained the situation, and Connor and Daddy shared a little extra outdoors time and a later bed time for the little boy after I returned home to rescue him. In Jonathan's defense, he did not know that I had locked a door earlier that he was planning on entering through!
That would be this door.
but, so great to be able to see everything blooming outside!
We are wearing a lot of green at our house this week...
...also a lot of ORANGE! Go Cuse! Of course, they are the NCAA champs on my bracket!
We were also wearing whatever we could find, in the process of unpacking and not doing laundry for a while! Halloween pjs? Sure, as long as they fit!
We have a LOT of people to thank for getting us through the moving process...you know who you are and just know that we love and appreciate you all SO much!
I'll try to blog more often, then I won't forget everything...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment