Monday, May 13, 2013

May Days

Our May has been busy with lots of good things.  Annalee ate drew with crayons for the first time!

Phew...it's hard work!


Oh!  Wow! :)  We are going to wait a while before we do more crayons...they just kept going in her mouth and I had to dry them out and it's just not quite worth it yet!  I've started to find some new morning activities, though, because she has just about transitioned to one nap.

What a climber!

We were able to catch three baseball games at our brand new field before the high school season ended.

Connor LOVED bringing his glove and "playing catch" with anyone who was willing!  We're still convincing him that the glove goes on his left hand...he throws with his right hand (generally) but he wants to have the glove on that hand too.

He also got the chance to hold onto our doggy friend, Buddy.  Thanks, Lauren!

Hanging out with Daddy - he got to come after work for a while!

Last week we made our annual strawberry picking trip with friends...there are other awesome pictures but here are a few that I got!

Connor really enjoyed picking strawberries this year, but eat them?  Never!


Annalee, on the other hand...
She was in the front carrier and I handed her a strawberry to take a little self-portrait...

Next thing I know, she's popped out her paci and is chomping and drooling away.  I was okay with that, so I picked a few more berries and looked at her...and it was gone.  The berry, the hull, everything.  Whoops.  Fiber, I guess!  Annalee pretty much shrieked the rest of the time unless she had strawberry in her hand/mouth, so I just kept popping the tops off and giving her more! :)

We also went to our favorite farmer's market last weekend and picked up lots of things that we love, as well as something new to try - Swiss Chard.  Isn't it pretty?  You can pretty much do anything with the leaves that you would with spinach...I made a veggie florentine lasagna with ours.   I didn't use the stalks, but apparently you can use them kind of like celery...I think more cooked than raw.  They are so pretty, though!

All of the goose eggs in our neighborhood have hatched within the past couple weeks, so we have enjoyed seeing lots of babies on our walks.

Connor got his hair cut and Mrs. Jeannie made it into DINOSAUR HAIR for him! :)

Most of our days have moments like this, now that Annalee is standing and "creeping" everywhere.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment