Okay, THIS - is not delicious. Have you ever seen a Hornworm? I hadn't, til I was checking out my beautiful tomato plants! It was basically the largest "caterpillar" I had ever seen. It is the SAME color as the tomato plant, so I'm lucky I saw it! Apparently, they can demolish a plant in one night and lay eggs all over, so I was glad I caught it after it had crunched up about 3 branches of our plant, and got some good advice from a friend on how to take care of it!
Ew that is its MOUTH! I could watch it chomping away on our plant!
We had our first zucchini in June...
and yellow squash, too!
Tons of sweet little beans started growing...
as well as the beginning of our peas!
By the last week of June, we had 17 tomatoes growing between our two plants (one is a Greek tomato, Thessaloniki, and one is an heirloom - the Mortgage Lifter) - yay!
LOTS of blossoms on our cucumber plants, and lots of bees busy pollinating!
There's that first zucchini! We picked a few more when they weren't quite so big. :)
Beans! We at them raw, we ate some blanched and cold in salad, and I froze a little for later.
Lettuce. I plan to plant lettuce again for the cooler fall weather (we didn't get a lot because we planted too late). However, it was SO delicious!
Yeah! First squash and another zucchini.
Sadly, something got to our squash and zucchini plants and pretty much ate through the stems. I have some new strategies for avoiding this next year (thanks Dad)!
AHHH FIRST WATERMELON! :)








No comments:
Post a Comment