LOTS of water time.
My climber! Got herself right up onto the rocking horse!
Connor randomly came out to the porch one day and told his Great Grandaddy to "Move up! I give you a roller (massage)." Hehe.
Annalee was keeping Grandaddy entertained.
Love.
Grandpa reading his special birthday book with Connor in the big house "back bedroom". I have now officially stayed in every room at both houses at the river. Well, except Grandaddy's. I told him that and he laughed and talked about all the various times he's had a "sleepover" with one of his grandchildren (Jonathan, the night before our wedding!). So cute.
I had possibly one of the most trying times of my life with this little boy while we were up there. He would not stay in his bed at nap/night time, would not calm down and go to sleep, and was keeping Annalee awake. I couldn't leave him by himself because he could get to the window screens, climb up the bunkbed ladder, and in general get into things he shouldn't. So I spent quite a few hours in the bedroom trying to get him to sleep. Once he's asleep, he's golden...its just getting there. We've had some issues with this at home, but this was by far the worst. But...isn't he sweet? Read himself to sleep this day...
One afternoon after he had finally gone down for nap, Nana and Grandpa stayed back on the island so that Jonathan and I could have a little ice cream date. We walked around town, visited the church where we got married (5 years ago!), and just enjoyed some time together.
When we returned, Annalee was all snuggled up in the recliner with her blanket and her Grandpa after her nap. :)
Jonathan and his dad love to go diving for "treasures" around the island. This time, they found this shark that had been Jonathan's as a child, who knows how long it had been "buried" down there. Connor loved it. Apparently, sharks make quite the roaring noise. ;) Which, of course, sent Annalee into fits of giggles.
Still working on walking! She was up to about 8-9 steps on her own while we were up at the river (15 months).
Putting feet into the cold water with Nana!
I spent some time kayaking with each of the kids and they loved it. I got plenty wet since they both insisted on paddling! :)
Grandpa made his way into the dock pool. It was part of his birthday gifts, after all!
Floatie hats!
Connor enjoying the "Love Float"
The next few pics all belong to Nana or Aunt Sarahann - thanks for sharing!
Looooves seeing his aunts and uncles!
Yeah. Connor did a lot of floating, with everyone!
If you're wondering about the rope, we were tied to the dock so we could relax and not float too far. ;)
Not sure what Connor and Annalee are thinking in this pic, but Reagan is being so sweet!
We had our first annual River Games and team NC Schallmos ALMOST won! :) We were victorious at the washer game as well as shuffleboard, but the final round water ballon toss went to the Cagles. We'll be ready for our trophy next year...I'll clear a little mantle space!
Chillin' on the boat after a long day!
Boat, float, whatever. Lots of relaxing going on! :)
The back view of Jonathan and Sarahann's big jump!
We took a family photo (first time ever with all of Grandaddy's grandchildren-in-laws and GREAT grandchildren!) while everyone was together which was wonderful. Chris Parker was the photographer. Most were like this...
The rest were beautiful like this!
You can't end without a picture leaving the island, right? Connor and his Great Grandaddy, just like last year's pic at the end of our trip. Thank you Grandaddy, Nana, and Grandpa! We miss you all!











No comments:
Post a Comment