Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Take your mark...go!


Jonathan and I are loving life in NC - but we miss getting to be around most of our family and friends. This is blog post #1 so that I can (hopefully) keep everyone up to date on the birth and the daily shenanigans of Baby Schallmo! If you didn't know, I am expecting baby #1 in about 3 weeks. We have not found out if baby will be a boy or a girl, so we are very excited to know (and YES you will know what names we are choosing, WHEN we name the baby!).

My pregnancy has been pretty smooth (thank you God!), and has included a lot of travel. For 11 weeks, I was living, teaching, and coaching in VA while Jonathan was starting a great new job in NC - close to 4 hours away. I made it through some long, snowy drives and found out that being pregnant definitely made me more emotional than usual! I got to move down in April - filled in at an elementary school that needed a music teacher for the last 5 weeks of school, and I'm now finding out what it is like to actually not be employed. I am so excited to be able to stay home with Baby Schallmo, but it is a very new experience for me since I have worked multiple jobs at a time through high school, college, grad school, and married life!

Jonathan and I have gotten to have a lot of visitors so far in NC and celebrated his graduation (as well as his sister's) from seminary in May. I got to go on our annual "Girls Beach Weekend" with family in May, and recently found out that my cousin is also pregnant - getting ready for two beach babies next summer! In June we traveled to TX to be in Marla's wedding and see friends that I had not seen in 2 years. In July we took a huge trip with students from our church to Syracuse, and also spent vacation time with our families. We sang in 2 weddings between July and August, both for sweet friends, and we are now done with traveling for a while and getting things ready for baby! We're looking forward to having visitors after Baby Schallmo gets here - so let us know if there's a time you want to come down!

So...post #1 turned out to be a catch up/update, hopefully I'll have more exciting things soon. I'm going to try to post a "belly" picture - here goes nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment