I'm sure you clicked on here ready for a big long Lindsay story...
So how could I disappoint? When we went to buy a wreath, they were all so beautiful and we had a hard time deciding. We wanted one for outside - but for the door or the archway above? We also wanted a little something inside for the smell - didn't want to miss out without having a real tree! I think that we had 3 or 4 different wreaths in our hands when we saw this huge beautiful wreath in the shape of the cross. I had never seen anything like it! We also have a blank wall over our couch, so we decided one wreath for the inside was it and we'd skip the outside one this year. The cross wreath had a beautifully made bow on it, but we were working on a limited budget and it didn't really go with the rest of our decor. I thought, you must be able to find a cheap one at the craft store that would look nice.
Big mistake! I headed out, armed with coupons, and found out that the store I went to had some bows, but nothing like the one we had decided not to buy. As I walked around a little more, I learned that they made custom bows (which is great, choose your ribbon and your size), but it would have been even more expensive than the one we skipped! Finally, I decided, how hard could it be to make a bow? I will just google it!!!! I came home with some pretty, golden, musical themed ribbon that was way on sale.
Let me tell you...it took a few tries. After I found the most detailed YouTube tutorial, I ended up with a 9 layer, floofed out, totally storable and reusable, big, beautiful bow (or at least I think so on the beautiful part)!
Perfect for our delicious smelling, beautiful wreath!
...annnnnnd it's up! Totally baby-proof. :)
Time for a little clean up, thanks boys!
Ha! This little musical vacuum was Con's birthday present from us, but I put it away til he was walking more. He is super interested in the big vacuum and it makes it hard to clean, so we finally got his out for him. He is attached. Mini temper tantrums when I take him away for a diaper change or a meal....yikes. I guess there are worse things you could be attached to!!!
Mint hot chocolate with peppermint mini marshmallows?
"Yes, please!" says the prego!
We met up with some friends on Saturday evening at the Billy Graham Library. We had never been there, but heard that the live nativity and Christmas decorations were beautiful! Definitely true, but also SO crowded...some 3000 people just that day?!
Storytime on the patio.
Live nativity. Sorry for the sideways-ness. Lovin' the yak!
Samara and Connor attempting the climb over the fence!
Gorgeous. Oh, and awesome animals!
"The Barn"...would like to tour on a less busy day!
A crazy but fun time with some sweet friends who are moving away for a while to continue to pursue missions. Our prayers are with you guys!
hahaha that picture of jonathan and connor vacuuming is probably one of my favorites ever.
ReplyDeletei knooooooooooooow maybe i will have to make my own calendar this year...what will I do when January hits??
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Jonathan could vacuum!!!
ReplyDelete-Matthew Schallmo