Aunt SAS took some family pictures for us over Thanksgiving - I didn't want to post any until I made our card though! Of course, the "chosen one" is not on here! Now - say a little prayer that my cards actually arrive BEFORE Christmas so that I can send them out...even to get the "7 day" shipping was ridiculously expensive so I didn't do it!!!
We got to visit new baby Tanner during his short time in the hospital.
Loving his Mommy!
Dads and their little boys!
I know. I take too many high chair pics. He was
loving some mixed berry-banana-orange smoothie though! :)
Sadly, we decided to forego the live Christmas tree this year...mainly because of not wanting our little wild boy to knock it over or suck in any pine needles! We continued our NC tradition anyway and decided we would get a real wreath at least!
I did a bunch of cooking last week, trying out some new dishes. This week, we have dress rehearsals and then 6 Christmas programs, so not a lot of cooking or sit-down eating will be happening in our house! Baking? Possibly...depends on if Connor wants to help out! :)
Taco Pie - a delicious Food Network Magazine recipe.
I did already bake one batch of Christmas cookies (yeah, they're gone.) - brown sugar shortbread. Enjoyed one with some PUMPKIN ice cream! Not that I have been having any specific cravings with this pregnancy, but I cannot turn away from sweets. While that's pretty normal, the pull is just a little stronger - which might just be the holiday season too!
Con found a new way of playing the djembe...I was a little nervous for my poor drum at first but he was delighted and it made a much better sound for him since the bottom was opened up!
Another FNM recipe - sweet potato and lentil soup.
Plus snowman bowls - although its unlikely we'll see any snow. :(
And now...I would like to welcome you to myself, circa 1989-1992ish. Ha! I've been trying to get some "fashionable" maternity duds together without buying much of anything. When I put this outfit on, I felt like I had headed right back to 2nd grade! Leggings? Check. Long shirt? Check. Ponytail? Check. As my mom would say..."RE-TROOOO!" All I needed was to swing that ponytail to the side and get some brighter colors - I'm sure I wouldn't have been caught dead in a black/white/gray combo in elementary school.
Excuse our half-decorated, toy-blasted living room. After getting the Christmas decoration boxes down from the attic BEFORE Thanksgiving, we have now finished decorating. As in yesterday. Phew! I'll post some delightful Christmasy things soon!
You are precious a la "Retro." And the toy blasted living room makes me so happy because ours is the exact same way. PS: Did you make your pumpkin ice cream, too?!
ReplyDelete