Happy Birthday to my love and my best friend!
We celebrated Jonathan's big 2-9 on Saturday when we had a little more time to hang out as a family. He requested enchiladas for dinner...yum!
I made him a surprise dessert. Of course, it was a new recipe so it took me about 500 years to make it.
It had coke in it! His fave!
Never in my life have I made a cake roll. Possibly never again. Hahaha...it was way too scary!
The cake part (red velvet) made it through the baking stage and off the pan! "Sister" snuck into this pic, too!
All rolled up to cool! That was definitely a scary part. I thought it would crumble into a million pieces!
Folding the filling - a whipped cream cheese frosting!
All rolled up (phew) and on the "special" plate. All red, Jonathan's favorite! It did crack a little as I rolled it off the towel, and there was SO much filling, oozing out everywhere! I guess that's what happens if you want lots of fluffy, delicious filling.
Jonathan's piece - tasty!
Here's to a wonderful year! I love you!
Don't know how it tastes but it sure looks tasty? Happy b-day Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all...love how sister snuck in to that picture. Second, I am giving you kudos for pulling off the cake roll. Those things are NOT easy! I remember well the Thanksgiving that my sister and I decided to make a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving. It made me a nervous wreck.
ReplyDeleteOk, so I totally feel like I won the lottery since I got to have a piece of that cake roll!!! It was wonderful, that cream cheese icing, to die for!! Mmmm!!!! I was even nice enough to save a piece for the boys to split the next day and they LOVED it, too!! I would have sworn that you used cherry coke, though! The red velvet + coke makes it takes like cherry! Quite an unexpected, tart taste that is nicely complemented by the creaminess of the icing. Wonderful job, Lindsay!! And yes, I agree with Sarah - I love that "sister" made it into one of the pictures! ;) Love you guys and thank you for sharing Jonathan with us for a couple of hours for the Syracuse game! Glad they pulled out the win for him!!
ReplyDeleteOh MAN! I was going to write about getting to watch the SU game with you guys and I think it got too late last night, my brain was mushy! Maybe I will edit. :) It WAS supposed to be cherry coke but I wasn't sure how Jonathan would feel about that so I used regular. I think the taste came from the almond extract - it was in both the cake and the frosting! Thanks for celebrating with him! :)
DeleteI'm hungry now.
ReplyDelete