Went up for a quick visit with my sister before my traveling days will be limited! :) We had dinner at a "hole in the wall" Greek place (almost always the best, right?) and sampled lots of delicious things...all covered in (pasteurized) feta!!!
Didn't take anymore pics while I was there...but Laura made this dessert that was part chocolate chip cookie, part oreo, and part brownie...delightful! Got to spend time with her roommate and another friend just chatting and relaxing, what a great visit. Syracuse was playing while I drove home, had a win against UConn, and they had another win (close one!) against Louisville tonight, woo hooooooooo!
If you know me, I've always had a sweet tooth...and this pregnancy has definitely increased my desire for all things sweet and chocolate-y. Not so good. My March issue of Food Network Magazine arrived a few days ago. I've been getting it for 3 years (since the beginning!) and never before have they done...THE CHOCOLATE ISSUE. Yikes. Saturday night we got to have a little game night with some friends that we've been trying to get together with for a million years. I selected this Paula Deen doozy of a dessert to try out...
1 QUART of heavy cream and 3c sugar...whoa baby.
Mile High Frozen Chocolate Mousse Pie!
I brought my boys some valentine treats before my very first time leaving my "baby" overnight! Gingersnaps for Jonathan, and a BALLOON for Connor. Entertainment for many minutes...
I think I wrote a while ago about Connor's new found interest in crayons. I want to let him draw and explore and scribble but it's a little trying because our time with crayons almost always ends with tears....
He wants to try out all the colors and draw a little bit, but then he runs away with the crayons and my rule for him is to stay where the paper is, otherwise I'm afraid crayons will disappear and then reappear on the walls and everything else later...so if I have to remind him a few times, I put them away and he has a meltdown.
Tomorrow I think we are going to move coloring time into the high chair or in his booster seat, and see if we can avoid the miserable ending that way! If you have other ideas, let me know! :)
Almost every day that Connor (and Otto) and I go walking, we see the beautiful blue heron that bounces from pond to pond in our neighborhood. I never take my camera and always find myself wishing for a picture because he (she?) is SO lovely and I love every chance we have to see him. So today, I packed the camera, and we got to the 3rd pond on our walk and there he was!!! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment