Monday, August 29, 2011

Marmie and Lo

Little boy and I drove up to help Aunt Laura move into her new apartment for law school.  It didn't take long for her to be all set up - we also went mattress shopping and Walmart shopping, of course!

Connor worked hard setting up the big chair!


Washing a few dishes and getting the Brita ready!  Important stuff.

After helping Laura for a few days, Marmie drove down to our house.  
C used his big muscles to carry her suitcase up.

We had been given an amazing gift of some fresh veggies - and made this delightful zucchini tomato casserole.  Um...chicken was our main dish, but Mom, Jonathan, and I polished off nearly the whole thing!

Little drummer boy!  Yes it fell on him shortly after that...
but he keeps going for it!

"I like to jam on the djembe..."


That weekend, we also had special visitors from AZ!  Our long time friends Lauren and Chris and their daughter (our God daughter!) Summer were in town to visit Lauren's sister.  We met up at a big park downtown and had fun swinging, walking, and picnic-ing!


Isn't she the cutest?  Summer and Connor are 1 year apart.

After naps for the babies, they came over to our place to spend some time at the pool and we got to have dinner together.  I have zero pool pictures (and sadly, no pictures with all of us together!) - but my mom took a few at the house that night.

Summer is almost 2, so we wanted to give her a 
birthday gift while we were with her!


Connor wanted the present too...soon enough, bud!

Get it, Summer!

Bowling!  This is what Lauren, Chris and I did with a few friends a LOT 
in high school, so I figured Summer better start now! :)





Connor working on his riding skills...he goes backward only at the moment!


More cheesin' for Marmie.

I pulled out a Larry (Veggietales) bracelet that was from Levi and Connor 
was attached to it for the next 3 days...in his hand, in his mouth, whatever!

No teeth still, even though this pic kind of looks like it!

We had pulled out the booster seat for Summer so I let Con try it out for lunch.  A little too messy for me right now...we'll stick with the high chair as much as possible!!!


"Yes!  Free!"

Laura drove down to visit for an afternoon while Mom was still in town.
Jonathan quickly made this cheerleader shirt...
hahaha, my hubby and a pair of Sharpies...




The last thing we did before Mom headed home....shopping for Connor's birthday presents.  Mom kept saying "Connor, close your eyes!"  Ha!  I don't think we ever go wandering down any toy aisles, so pretty much everything was interesting to him and I'm sure he had no idea what we got!  The last thing we picked up was wrapping paper...Sesame Street.  Mom handed it to Con in the stroller and that was it...he was never letting go!

He had a mini-meltdown when we put it up at the cash register, but was fine when the cashier handed it back to him.  He fussed getting buckled into the carseat and held it all the way home.  When I stopped the car in the driveway - he already knew he was going to have to give it up and started to cry - I hadn't even gotten out of the car!

We took a few pictures with his "favorite thing" and then I set it down to take him up for a nap - you better believe it was a major tears flowing meltdown then.  Oh well - Mom used it up during his nap and he doesn't know the difference anymore (or so we think!).  She said, "Okay Connor, I'm never getting you anything but wrapping paper from now on!"  Ha...it's like a room full of toys and babies just want what's inside the kitchen cabinets...

Thanks to all of our visitors for hanging out with us...we miss you all already!

No comments:

Post a Comment