We had the HUGE blessing of being able to take a mini-vacation to Charleston last weekend. We were told that only the Canadians swim in late October...but we figured we're close enough to Canadian as it is!
Connor still wasn't too keen on the chilly Atlantic...
...but Jonathan was!
I was going to opt out but I just couldn't! The ocean calls for at least one quick swim!
Wonder if baby got a little chill...
Connor's favorite borrowed toy. He is blurry because he was flying!
He also may have climbed inside it like a real shopping cart...
and then proceeded to nosedive out resulting in a nice egg on the forehead...whoops.
We brought some groceries with us to cook...limited budget!
I must say, this farmer's market vegetable filled, perfectly grilled chicken,
creamy fettuccine alfredo was more delicious than most restaurants!
Spinning Daddy's wedding ring..."boy" entertainment...
Visiting the market in downtown Charleston.
The "big" bridge!
We got to catch up with my sweet friend Becca who I haven't seen since our wedding...over 3 years ago!!! We worked at YL camp together and I just love her! We didn't get to meet her new hubby this time, but she got to meet Con and I hope we'll see each other before another 3 years passes...
We planned to go out for one good seafood dinner, and were directed to a few different tasty places...including one called "The Wreck". Listen people, the place doesn't even have a sign and it is smashed between some neighborhood streets and a marina and fish market. It-was-perfect!
The whole table was covered in paper...excellent for this newbie to crayons!
Yum! Grouper and flounder with tons of Carolina sides.
We cherished our time spent relaxing as a family, walking around and enjoying the sights. Giant thank you's to the people who made our trip possible! :)
How fun!! I love the picture where Connor's feet are trying to flee from the cold, wet sand. Hehe! You are one brave girl to get in that water. And that pasta dish looks divine! Glad you had a fun getaway!
ReplyDelete