Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

I was not too happy that my camera was busted and I managed to leave Jonathan's at a Christmas gathering during the week before Christmas.  Whoops!  Jonathan drove out to pick it up so that we could have some pics Christmas Eve and Christmas morning...thanks honey and thanks for letting us interrupt, Pam!

AND...because I did a TON of Christmas baking and took ZERO pictures, I need a little list for myself so that I can remember in future years and decide what I'm making again....

Traditions: Miniature Cheesecakes, Fudge, Gingerbread Cookies (all delicious and necessary)
"New" Traditions: Lime Coolers (easy and so good if you like LIME!)
Tried It For the 1st Time: Peppermint Stars (like home made peppermint patties, so tasty, hard to make "look good" without a melty mess!), Truffles rolled in Crushed Peppermint, and a "Muddy Buddy/Puppy Chow" recipe with a twist...chocolate hazelnut spread instead of peanut butter/chocolate chips...also with Christmas M&M's mixed in (easy and fairly tasty but the original is the best!).

Okay...hopefully you skipped over most of that...either that or you are totally hungry. :)

Christmas Eve we made it to the 5pm service at our church, but sat in the hallway and watched most of the service on TV since Connor could only handle so much (mostly the music!).  On the way home, we went to a house in our neighborhood that puts on a 20 minute light show set to music.  It was AMAZING!  Some absolutely creative people!  We went home, gave Connor some dinner, and set to work on some sweet family traditions.

Cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer!

Even though Connor already had a cookie at dinnertime, he also wanted to eat Santa's...

He got to open one present so that we could use it :)

"One Night in Bethlehem"

"Twas the Night Before Christmas" is a tradition in Jonathan's family.  His dad (Grandpa) got a recordable version and "read" it to Connor in his PJ's!



Late night twinkles...Jonathan was still working on putting a present together and I was running around like a crazy lady and addressing Christmas cards...better late than never, right?  We had Chili's To Go for a laid back Chrismas Eve dinner and watched "The Sound of Music" on TV...probably the quietest Christmas Eve either of us had ever had!

Marmee and Papa sent Connor a gift that "Santa" had to set up....

Hehehe, gotta love it!

Perfect fit!

Popped a bow on top and it was ready for Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment