Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jumping into January

My little boy is 16 months today..Happy 1 1/3 years, Connor! :)

He is more and more active each day, and never ceases to amaze me...with sweet things, hilarious things and (gasp) a hint of a temper that creeps out now and then!

Monday morning I had a lot of errands to do and asked him to get his shoes so I could put them on for him.  He came back with one shoe in hand (well, he understood at least, right??) and I popped it on and said, "Just one?  Go get the other one!"  Heehee...he walked so crookedly he was bashing into everything to his right and it was all I could do to hold my laughter in.  Finally he made it to the other shoe and back to me, and when I set him down and said, "Okay, let's go!" he immediately walked to his little red car, hopped in, shut the door, looked up at me and said, "Bye-ee!"  Hahahahaha.  I knew it would be a melt down if I took him back out, so I said, "Okay, bye bye!" and walked out the door to my car, leaving the door open behind me.  Not more than 10 seconds later he was tripping his way over the stoop and out the door.  I know that sweetness and attachment won't last forever, but sometimes I wish it would!

My growing boy was 24 lbs. on the dot at his 15 month appointment (yeah, that was a while ago!) and 31 inches long.  Some days he wants to eat everything in sight and other days he pushes everything away.  Although...he would never refuse a Ritz cracker or a Teddy Graham. :)  Just after Christmas he had 3 new teeth push through...the ones to the left and right of his "two front teeth" on top came first, followed by the right front top tooth.  The left one has yet to be seen...

Connor loves to talk on the phone, or pretty much anything that he can put up to his ear and pretend is the phone.  This is good, since all of his far away relatives would like to chat with him!  He sometimes still clings to us but is getting better about reaching out to people he knows, and has a pretty awesome kiss face that he brings out every now and then!  This morning he was in his Moppets class and I was told that he was patting the shoulder of a little girl who was crying for her mommy...my little consoler!

Con still talks quite a bit without us being able to understand a word, but since Christmas he has been trying out quite a few new ones.  Marmie taught him to say "sister" (he sounds like he has a Spanish accent with his "seestuh" but his "s" sound is pretty awesome!).  He says "ball" for anything round and throw-able.  We were in VA and Matthew was flipping through Netflix choices when all the sudden clear as day we heard, "ELMO!"  Sure enough, Elmo had flashed across the screen.  He has an Elmo bath book that we've heard him say it with before, but that one was so clear and too funny.  He will say "baby", "Mama", "Dada", "uh oh", and "cheese" (for the camera) quite a bit.  He really likes getting his teeth brushed and says "teeth", which kind of sounds the same as "cheese".  Ha!  Otherwise, he will try to imitate a lot of words but I think those are the clearest I've heard so far!

If you couldn't tell, we got to meet up with some friends at Monkey Joe's for a bit this week, and Connor's 2nd time was a blast!  No tears this time, and no broken camera for me!  I wish I was standing somewhere else for this pic - Ryder and Connor are less than 1 month apart in age, and Ryder ran over and they did a nice high five/chest bump boy greeting before they continued bouncing around!



We are working on "prepping" Connor for his baby sibling...but not to any very large extent.  Leave me a comment if you have any good advice on how to prepare a young child for an incoming sibling! :) Meanwhile, we are just enjoying every minute we have as 3! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment