Thursday, September 19, 2013

Curious Connor is 3!

My big guy is three.  My baby is THREE!  Unbelievable.  I love him so much and I can't believe how much he has grown in three short years.  He keeps us laughing every single day and I wish I could write down every single story and sweet memory with him, because there are sooo many!

                          

We celebrated with a few of his friends and had a great Curious George party.  Somehow my first ever wreath made it into these pics - YAY FOR FALL!

I really don't care that neither of them is looking at me...look how sweet these two are!

"The spread".  Everything was Connor-friendly and Connor-approved, no allergens or yucky-textured things here! ;)

We had images of George on the TV and fun party music that Jonathan put together.

I found a giant coloring book and each of just colored a picture of George for the party.  This one was Jonathan's...and do you see my "hat" decoration?  For the man with the yellow hat! :)

Some more hats and "Curious George Rides a Bike".  We read this during the party and then made our own newspaper boats, like George does in the book!

Connor's coloring...he's into blue lately, can you tell?

Prizes and party favors.

Well, you know whose this is!

...and mine, with a little extra help from Annalee.

If you heard about my t-shirt escapade...I bought what I thought was an iron-on transfer through Ebay, but it turns out it was a piece on strange fabric with the transfer ALREADY IRONED ON...ay yi yi.  So, I threw it in this frame and up on the wall it went!

Grub. :)


Thankfully, another company was able to get an actual iron-on transfer to me quickly (so much better too, with his name and age!) and Daniela and Levi found a plain white tee for us!

Boat making!  So nice, Grayson!

Sweet Sarah Rae.

Kylie's boat was looking good, too!

...annnnnnnnd, they floated!!!!  YAY!


Grayson and Levi were really getting them to blow across the pool! Meanwhile, Annalee tried to get IN the pool.



Everyone getting their boats in!  So fun.


Aunt Laura (once again) made an amazing George birthday cake!

I think he blew those candles out before we even finished singing.  He KNEW what time it was! :)




We also had Connor-friendly banana ice cream.  It's just bananas!  When you freeze them and then whip them up in your blender, they have a nice, delicious custard-y texture.  You could also add anything you wanted into it!

We played a game where we dumped about 50 balloons into the living room and the kids had to find one of ten that Laura and I meticulously drew George's face onto. ;)  It was so fun, and they got a prize for their goodie bag!  Then, while Connor opened presents, everyone was highly entertained with balloons....a possibility for every party in the future? :)



He got so many thoughtful gifts that he has just had a great time with ever since!

Baby Emma...hanging out. :)

Annalee and Daniel chillin' with the Luziers.



Sweet Allie.

"The year of the dump truck"...Connor was thrilled to receive several trucks for his birthday, he didn't have any big trucks before!

Couldn't you just SQUEEZE her?!  Sorry Amanda, she is just SO squishable and cute! :)


Jammin'!

Connor had been asking for a football uniform...as in, he carried around (and slept with) a DirectTV ad that had all the different NFL teams/uniforms on it.  He asked for a few different colors, but my parents got him this one so that he could cheer with his Daddy!  He didn't take it off for three days straight!

Connor - we love you SO much!  We love that you care for your sister and your family, that you love to learn and be at church with us, that you constantly make us laugh and AMAZE us with your memory!  We love watching you grow and change each and ever day!  Love, Mommy and Daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment