Monday, September 30, 2013

Early September Days

Finally, finally, we have gotten to enjoy some moments of sub-80 degree weather and we are loving it every moment possible in this family!

Annalee is always ready for sun and (not too hot) fun!

I made these flatbreads that I have not made in a long time.  They call for all purpose flour, but I used whole wheat this time and they came out great!

Mmm...perfect for mini pizzas, hummus, or whatever you want!  The original recipe is by Marth Stewart and they are called "Grilled Flatbreads".  YES, double the recipe.  I quadrupled it.

We left most of our carrots in a little longer and hey, guess what?  They got giant! :)


Little Miss Climber finds new things to climb all the time.  So naughty.  This is one of her favorites, especially to play peek-a-boo over the top of the chair or to watch Daddy grilling/mowing outside.

So sweet.  Connor sometimes asks to cozy up under the Syracuse blanket, and he usually always remembers to ask Annalee if she wants to have some blanket and makes her a space!

These faces.........

Yes, I used the Sunday before Labor Day as an excuse for a little more "patriotic" before summer ended!

We went to a nearby festival and got to see a fire truck up close - this was Connor's first time and he was SO excited!


Annalee?  She just wanted out of the stroller and to have a snack. :)


The firemen: so cute, so handsome, so cheesy.



Home Depot had a both set up so that you could do a little project!  I know that they and Lowes both do these kind of things regularly on Saturday mornings...Jonathan and Connor (and in a little while Annalee) need to get to one!

Always happy to have a tool in hand.

I tried to get him to show me his name on his apron.  He just cracks me up!


There was a clown (Curly, I believe) making balloon animals and was so nice to our kids - I'm glad that they are not scared of clowns (at least so far)!

Bumblebee (okay yes, we were VERY warm at this point).

ANTICIPATION!

A blue dog for Connor!  A picture with Curly, too.

We bought tokens for exactly one ride for Connor - shew...the rides were expensive!  It was worth it though...he talked about it for days and days!




Just a normal weekday play day...with a new dino hat!



Nice form!

We got to go enjoy the Greek festival (one of our favorites!) with the Bopps!

Grayson and Connor...not so sure at first, but so cute.

Annalee was ready for nap after lunch...trying to get her paci away from Daddy!

One of Lyndsey's students did some of the Greek dancing!

There he is!  It's so fun to see the culture, watch the dancing, and eat yummy Greek food!


Tried to get one with all 4 kiddos...so hard!

Kylie and Connor did some pretty amazing dancing themselves.





...and some hat chasing. ;)

Soooo sweet.

I put these shirts on my kiddos and asked Connor, "Con, what does your shirt say?"  He said, "I love mine AnnaLEElee!"  Hahaha...I told him yes, pretty much.  Then I asked, "Well, what does Annalee's shirt say?" and he said, "I love mine brother soooooo much!"  Hahahahaha...yup.  And these faces, again!  I can hardly stand it.


One shoe bubble catching!




Mexican dip with peppers, green onion, and tomato from our garden.  Yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment