Friday, October 29, 2010

Flashback Friday: Halloween!

Let's flashback to one of my favorite costumes ever....

The climbing wall.



In May of my first year at TCU, Laura came to visit me and we decided to try out the rec center's sweet climbing wall. That day, I did not even make it to the top on an easy route, but I was hooked (should I say tied? With a figure 8 knot?). I quickly paid my dues for a climbing wall pass and spent many hours through the next year climbing those ever-changing holds and routes.

Tying in!

A couple of times throughout the year, the rec would hold climbing wall competitions. The first that I competed in was the Halloween Costume Climbing competition. Points were awarded for completion of routes with varying levels of difficulty, as well as for the best costume, of course. So what better to dress as than a climbing wall myself? I blended right in!




Not to forget the nerd though...oh my friend Marla, rec center worker extraordinaire!



Well, you're going to have double flashback today, along with some current events! Since we've been married, Jonathan and I have gotten to have an awesome night of carving pumpkins with his sister Sarahann and her soon-to-be husband, Jay. For two years in a row we carved the most interesting designs we could think up, roasted and ate pumpkin seeds together, and took plenty of pictures. A great time! That was in VA. Sadly, now SAS and Jay are a 14 hour drive away from us and this year they carved pumpkins with the rest of the Schallmo family in NY.

Ahh memories. 2008!





And 2009!






So this year we asked the Jones' if they had any interest in carving some pumpkins with us. Turns out, they didn't get to carve one last year so it would be Levi's 1st pumpkin and Connor's 1st pumpkin!



Here are the guys scooping out pumpkin guts. Though I love to do it, my hands were busy with baby holding this year! They are using our brand new picnic table that Jonathan built a few weeks ago all on his own (go honey go honey go)! Levi enjoyed it too.




We had a great fall dinner: chili, rolls, and pumpkin pie (made by Daniela!). I will disclose chili and pumpkin pie recipes, but only if Daniela gives me the go ahead on pie and if my Dad wants to give out his "award-winning" chili recipe, which Jonathan decided to try out! We had pumpkin seeds later on too. :)



Daddy decided to carve out Mickey Mouse for Connor's 1st pumpkin - so he got Mickey Mouse ears!



The boys were getting to know each other, it will be fun to see them grow. Levi found his reflection in the dishwasher and was cracking us up!





Carving away...



Finished and lit!



Family and friends photos!







Isn't pumpkin carving a great tradition???

No comments:

Post a Comment