Connor and I took a good little walk today to our community center to vote! He told me which bubbles to fill in and off we went! Kidding, kidding. I was totally bummed though that our voting place essentially had scantrons and not a booth for me to hop into with Connor. We hope you studied up on your candidates and went to vote too!
Here's what Connor really did while I voted. Isn't he awesome??
Yesterday I had a sweet phone call during lunch time with some friends from the school where I taught music in VA. I had been feeling a little nostalgic after a halloween weekend without a halloween sing-a-long! It was so good to talk to them and get a bit of an update. People keep asking me if I miss teaching. The answer is yes, I do miss teaching! A few days before I had Connor, I went into a friend's classroom to help out with a project, mostly because I missed being with kids at school! I also miss it when I am reminded of it in any way - by teacher friends, by kids who have an upcoming concert, etc.
The answer is also no. While I miss it, would I want to leave Connor with someone else so I could go back to teaching? No. We are so blessed right now that I can stay home with him, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Being a mom might have just as many challenges as being a teacher, but in the end, I wouldn't miss this time with Connor for anything else!!!
So, there might be a time when I am a "real" teacher again. I keep reminding myself that I am still a teacher, whether I am in a classroom full of kids or I am with my one sweet son.
Here's one of the best things about not teaching...if I want to stay in my pj's just a little bit longer, I can! Connor doesn't mind. :)
Starting to catch those amazing smiles!!!
I apologize for the red eye...I fixed it in my iphoto...apparently that doesn't transfer to blogger...sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment