Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mrs. Carey M!


It's FEBRUARY! I feel like Christmas was yesterday. This year is flying by! Our lifegroup (Sunday school class) at church is reading the whole bible together this year. I have tried to challenge myself to read the bible from start to finish a few times before...and usually get stuck somewhere around those toughies Leviticus and Chronicles...I think I've made it as far as part-way through Kings. HOWEVER! We are reading it in chronological order and so far that has been awesome, it switches things around a little bit. Have you ever read the whole book of Job? I had never...and it turns out that it is so "conversational" that it makes such great sense to read it all the way through (over some days!). Just wanted to say how much I am loving it, and encourage anyone trying to read the entire bible to try it out chronologically!

I know I've posted thumb-sucking pictures lately. He just melts my heart...


I call Connor "wild man" quite a bit. He is so joyful and smiley but also gets very LOUD now and has a killer grip on whatever he can grab! He is not technically rolling from back to front, but spends a lot of time rolling side to side when on his back to grab and hug and hold and suck on whatever he can find!



I have the book "Eat This, Not That" by David Zinczenco and Matt Goulding. It does not recommend a specific diet but gives comparisons of similar foods and gets you around all of the wording that can be tricky at the grocery store (like "natural" means pretty much nothing...you need to look into a lot more than the giant words on packaging that try to pull you in!).

My sister gave me a new one, "Cook This, Not That", for my birthday. It is pretty sweet because they look at all sorts of delicious restaurant meals that have outrageous calorie, sugar, and fat levels, and have then created recipe substitutes that you can make at home...saving both money and your health!

I have made four of the recipes so far, and was excited to make "Lasagna Rolls" because Carey was coming for a visit! They had chicken sausage (Italian style), spinach, ricotta, and a good blend of spices. Here are some process pics...unfortunately I forgot to take one of the finished meal, which included some more marinara and a little mozzarella on top! YUM!


I have just a few pics of Carey and Connor, she is going to send me some great ones from her camera that I will post later.


We had a fun and relaxing couple of days and we miss her already!

Here's what I mean...my wild man with the awesome thighs. Sorry Connor my love, that is a Twichell trait and I fear you may never lose those and be just like your Mommy and your Papa. Don't worry...at least they are full of muscle, and we know you are strong already!

On a last little note, I am excited for a fun superbowl party. Oh, you didn't know that I was such a football fan? Ha! I'm really not a big fan of any NFL team, I only follow college football. HOWEVER (is that my word today or what?), I'm excited to try some new recipes to party with and my dearest husband is a Packers fan...so I will be excited for him. :) (And I'll show just a little love for the Steelers for my Uncle Bob and Molly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment