Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pumpkin Pickers 10/2013

October started and we got pumpkin-y!  I mean, a few pumpkin patches, pumpkin lattes (homemade!), pumpkins on the doorstep and as indoor decoration, pumpkin muffins-pancakes-cookies...all sorts of pumpkin delights!

What's she doing?

Oh, cheesin'

Oooookay that's plenty. :)

We did our 4th annual pumpkin picking with Aunt Laura at one of our favorite farms.  Connor actually remembered going last year and couldn't wait to drive the tractors and combines.  Sister jumped right in on that!




 They add a few new things to do each year, and this year they had added a lot of giant slides!  We had to try every single one, of course.
Climbing up!

...or just being stuck, if you're Annalee. :)

First big slide with Daddy!

I did the big climb with Connor up to the next one...

and Daddy tried one with Annalee!

Just so you can see how big they were...Con and Laura braving this one!

Annalee and I did it too, big thump at the end.

Lula and Con!

Daddy and Annalee started to check out all of the giant animals.

Our little pilgrims.  With one additional arm...

Oh yes.  We loved the big pink pig.

Alligator hunter!

How tall are we this year?

Very difficult to tell... ;)

We got on the tractor ride to pick the BEST PUMPKINS!

The greatest new thing that the farm had this year was a GIANT field of SUNFLOWERS!

Giant.


The girls.

Plus Con, of course! :)

I tried to get a few cute ones of the kids in the pumpkin patch...til I realized I was being attacked by fire ants.  I just can't escape them!  At least it was me and not the babies!




We got it!  The perfect pumpkin!

So heavy...


Laura really went searching for her perfect pumpkin...

and Annalee just liked the little green pumpkin buds...every one she could find...and attempt to get to her mouth...


Connor got so worried that Laura was too far away.  "Luuuuuuuuulaaaaaaa!  Luuuuuuulaaaaaaa!  I'm coming!  Come back!"

With our pumpkins in arm, we hopped on the tractor and said goodbye to the farm for this fall.



Uh....after a few more spins on the giant pumpkin...





...and a bus ride...

...and checking out the bison (and machinery in air?)...

...oh, and the ginormous cow....

...especially the udders...

...annnnd one last kiss for the pig!  Who's ready for fall 2014? :)

1 comment: