Thursday, October 28, 2010

Letting Go...

Sigh.

I am sitting downstairs on the couch with the monitor blasting, while little boy is upstairs trying out his big crib and huge nursery for the first time. When we set up the crib in his room, I thought there was no space for anything else to fit - it is a tiny space. Tonight though, when I laid him down in his super-cute crib, I felt like he was going to be swallowed by this big dark cavernous area void of his mom and dad!

I know, I know....don't be a wimp Lindsay...but when he's slept a mere two feet from me since he was born, the nursery across the hallway seems eons away.

Our monitor has lights that "show" the noise level...one red light for a little squeak and up to five red lights for a big cry! While I don't enjoy running up and down the stairs to stick that paci back in as he is falling asleep, at least I can tell that he is breathing and doing fine (and plus I could probably use the stair workout anyway)!

Although I would love to take pictures of him in his ducky pajamas and sleep sack, I don't dare let the flash go off in there! Sorry, a picture-less post. Maybe in the morning.

I know I'll toughen up and I know he'll do great. Now, what am I going to do when he goes to college???

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsay! I know just how you are feeling. In our Lynchburg house our room was downstairs and Abigail's room was upstairs. I lasted I think one night and then we were sleeping the the spare bedroom across the hall. He is a lucky boy to have such a caring mama. If it makes you feel any better we still have to run in and find the missing paci in the dark AND I always check to make sure she is breathing before I go to bed! Hang in there! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete