Early morning stillness at the river...day after the wedding.
Did I mention that every single day since we had been traveling, C had been waking up between 5:15 and 5:45? Two hours earlier than normal?! I am definitely a night person and had been staying up late working on things (or just up til 3am on the wedding night) and was experiencing some serious exhaustion with little boy's newly designated wake up time.
...but...we still managed to make the most of it!
Uncle Chip had to take some guests back to the mainland at 6:45, so we went for a little boat ride!
Whoops...crooked island! You can still see the tent - everything was washed down with a little night time rainfall.
I stuck C's toes in the river earlier in the week, but we decided to try to let him float a little...
He decided he would rather keep his toes out of the freezing river!
Finally got a little splash time in.
At the little house in the "big kid" porch chair!
Smooches in the big house kitchen.
The ring game! He was a PRO!
Grandpa, what big eyes you have!
I heard that babies like to suck on lemons and limes because their tastebuds are still developing...
Guess not for Connor. Ha! Poor baby.
The weather got a little warmer and the water temperature got up
to a whopping 67 degrees (Farenheit, my dears!), so C took a little float!
I think his skin stayed cool for the next 2 hours...which was nice
since he had been a sweaty boy recently!
First time driving the Bertram!
Jonathan and I both love to waterski and hadn't in a few years, so we got in early on our last morning while the river was still pretty "calm".
Slalom!
Waving to my spotter (cute little boy!)
Otto had been at "summer camp" with his Nana and Grandpa for a good 5 weeks at this point. He is not the greatest traveler (pants, whines, does not like to sit or lay down unless on the highway and in someone's lap) so we were nervous about what that would look like with Connor in the car as well. I guess they were both totally exhausted, because the minute we began our drive to Syracuse, they were both sound asleep in the back seat! They actually traveled really well all the way back to NC.
We made a quick stop in Watertown to see some of my favorite people that I haven't seen in forever! On the left is Dr. Baxter, one of my Potsdam professors that I got to do some studying and traveling with, and my friend Shannon is in the middle, she is a Potsdam AND Syracuse buddy!
It was awesome to catch up with them quickly - and for Jonathan (and C) to finally meet Dr. B since I had told him so many stories!
It's nice to recap our vacation but there's just a little left....guess that means we need to go back soon! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment