Hello friends! I have been 10 months old for 12 days now and I am not very happy that I am JUST getting to do a post! Silly Mom, she said she needed to finish writing about all of our NY adventures first.
We had a great vacation, but I am having just as many adventures now that I am back home! I finally had my 9 month old doctor appointment, about one week before I turned 10 months old (7/19/11)! The doctor told Mommy that I could start trying some yogurt, cheese, bread, and other things that sounded yum-a-licious! Here were my stats:
Length: 29 1/4 inches (75th%)
Weight: 21 lbs. 4 oz. (56th%)
That meant that Mom and Dad had to switch me into the big boy carseat and Momma doesn't lug me in the carseat on her arm anymore. I only had to have one shot at the doctor this time and when she did it I cried for a second (it is OWIE) but then she put a bandaid on and I was very distracted - I ripped it right off so I could get a better look at the Snoopy on it. Mom tried to put it back on twice, but I just ripped it off again! There was no blood, and I'm a big boy, Momma!
Sadly I have to report that when I had my first yogurt (my first dairy!) later that week, I broke out in hives all over my face and arms. I keep hearing Mom and Dad praying that I do not have allergies, but I haven't gotten to try yogurt since...
One of the first things I did after our trip was conquer my own set of stairs - nice and curvy, 16 in all! We usually count them on the way up and the way down, so I knew how many I had to go.
Mom read that if she took the couch cushions down, I would have a flatter surface to cruise on. I saw that there was a giant TAG on the couch and I climbed right up! For some reason Mom hasn't taken the cushions off since then.
I'm also getting all sorts of fun things to drink out of - a couple different sippy cups and even a cup with a straw! I like trying to slurp through the straw and the sippies are still a bit challenging...but not if I lay on my back!
You know how much I love blueberries?
This much!
My momma has been thinking about switching to cloth diapers for quite some time, and she finally ordered a few for me to try out. They are very soft and we are managing about three a day right now. I guess when we stock up on some more (trying other kinds, too) I will be a cloth baby!
These are called g diapers. I have a "sunshine yellow" one too. They are soft, comfy, and very good for the environment! Don't worry - it's not too tight, I'm just stickin' out my belly!
I found a really great spot for drumming the other day. The only bad part was that when I was finished, I couldn't get out!
This is the best Momma could get for a 10 month picture. Daddy lowered the crib to the lowest setting and I don't really like to sit around anywhere! I'd much rather be up bouncin' and cruisin'!
This is what I do now when it's time to get up...or at least when I think it's time to get up!!!
Lots of Love!
C
Oh my gosh. I love that story about the bandaid, and the stairs, and the blueberries!!! Connor, you are a very good blogger!
ReplyDelete