Connor doesn't know too many TV characters, but he does have a great love for Sesame Street and can name pretty much everyone on it...so...Laura offered to make him a birthday cake (awesome) and wanted it to be a surprise, so she said, "Just make his party Sesame themed!"
And that we did.
You don't have to be very creative to do some fun party things...google, pinterest, and a little elbow grease are all you need! So you know, my ideas were not original and you can find even better examples of my crafts if you do a little internet searching...but I used ideas from so many places that I can't direct you to the exact locations...so sorry!
Invitations
"This party brought to you by the letter C and the number 2."
Decorating at 2 am...whoops!
Cookie Monster Pom Pom
Fruits, Veggies, Fish, and Cookies!
Jonathan wrapped a ton of pigs in blankets for me and
we brought those out when they were warm. :)
Connor's great Aunt Barb found a balloon with his name!
I won't even tell you how hard it was to find somewhere
that would let me buy a little helium to fill it up...
Oscar
Elmo
Big Bird (I love how this one came out!)
Pin the cookie on Cookie Monster!
Coloring goody bags with the letter their name begins with.
Ernie's Lucky Duckies!
I have to admit that the pool was the big pull at the end of the party...we definitely got out some towels and had a few outfit changes...oops! They had a great time, though!
Wasn't sure if the littles would like being blindfolded...
...but most of them thought it was hilarious and loved seeing where their cookie ended up! AFTER I made the game, I found a hilarious song on itunes that Cookie Monster sings about playing this exact game... "Put the cookie in me mouth! No, that cookie on me toe!" So we played that and some other sweet Sesame songs!
Annalee woke up from her nap to join the festivities!
Tadaaaa! Baker/lawyer Aunt Laura's amazing Elmo cake!
Yay!
Enjoying cake as only toddlers can. :)
...he loved it. We're definitely in the "cheese face" stage!
"No comments on my belly, please."
Cool girls! :)
Thanks to Aunt Laura for all the help and a wonderful cake, and to my hubby for putting in a lot of prep work to make sure Connor had a great time turning two!
What a great time! Definitely a whirlwind. 3, don't come too fast, okay?










No comments:
Post a Comment