Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kiawah 2012

My parents decided to take a little summer vacation "somewhere new".  We have had cousins and friends who highly recommend Kiawah, an island near Charleston, SC.  Turns out it is one of the beaches nearest to where we live, and lucky for us, Mom and Dad invited us to come along!

We arrived late at night and walked down to the beach first thing in the morning.  Connor hadn't seen the ocean since last October (when it was cold and he had zero desire to go in), and this time we had a hard time convincing him to leave the water EVER!

I was pretty psyched, since I could spend all day long in the water...whether lake, river, pool, or ocean!

Little Miss Knees had her very first dip in the ocean.  It was like bath water, so she didn't mind!

Cutie with her Papa.

"Oh hey Mom!  I'm never getting out!"

Sand is so throwable...


We walked a mile or so down the beach one day because Mom had found out that sea turtles were being released (after having been rehabilitated).  One had a giant shark bite out of it, and I'm not sure what happened to the other.  This was the smaller of the two turtles (!)...the other one took two struggling people to carry!

Off he goes!  

We forgot our sand pail (and I forgot my bathing suit...whoops), so Marmee and Papa picked one up for Connor and lots of digging ensued!

I was able to find a suit on sale (Thank God, swimming in shorts and a tee is not very comfy when it's so warm out!) and I wrapped on my water wrap carrier so Annalee could easily come into the ocean.  I had to guard her from some waves (ready...jump!) and she enjoyed the water, too!



We were able to have dinner at the golf course where the PGA Championship was played this year (it finished about 3 days before we got there), which Jonathan loved of course.  Truly, everyone loved it because we all ate great seafood (including Connor, he loves fish!).

Cute, tired beach bums!

Annalee driving a PGA golf cart ;)


Hello down there!

Dad was getting artistic from the green.

Connor was about down when we took a picture with Marmee and Papa...

...but a PGA golf ball brightened him right up.  Pretty sure his sister wanted one too!

Everyone :)

Sweet girl with her Daddy.

Kisses for Marmee!

Enjoying sunset down at the beach.  Yes, Connor wanted to go in the water again...

Yay!


One last day in the water.

Connor would lay on his belly and scooch himself around...and let the waves crash right in his face!



Dad and I went out in the water a ways and picked up sand dollars and starfish with our toes.  We also did a lot of starfish (and crab) "rescue" when they were washed up on the beach! ;)
Do you see the tiny crab?


This is what a good day at the beach looks like...

...this too. :)

Thanks Marmee and Papa, we had an amazing time!

P.S. I titled this post Kiawah "2012" because I'm hoping we go again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment