"They say I'm old fashioned, and live in the the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!" -The Lorax
Connor (and Annalee's!) first trip to the movie theater, back in August. We saw The Lorax because they were doing special showtimes/prices for kiddos and it ended up being entirely free since Connor and Annalee both were not 2! It was also the brand new theater that just opened five minutes from our house, and it was so nice and so fun! Annalee did a little bouncing and a little eating and a little snoozing. Connor loved the movie and seeing some of his friends.
My precious baby boy turns two years old just a few days from now. He's becoming so independent, and a very good communicator. He finds things that he wants to do and sets his mind to it (which is sometimes wonderful and sometimes a battle for us!).
We moved him into a "big boy bed"...which went fine for a few days and then has become a difficult and tiring situation. We. have. tried. ev-er-y-thing. Okay. Maybe not everything. But a lot of things. It seems to be getting a little better, but its a process. Needless to say...he stays in his room every nap time and night time, whether in his bed or in the pack and play. I know it will get better. :)
Connor has a temper when he wants to, but he is a loving, caring little boy. He is quick to give kisses when someone says "ow!" or when his baby sister is crying. He will help by getting tissues, diapers and toys, playing peek-a-boo and making Annalee laugh so hard that they both end up with hiccups.
He has so many words in his vocabulary, many that we understand and plenty that are still in his own sweet little Connor language. He prays every night for everyone in his family with such joy and excitement as he says each of their names (oh and many friends make it into those nightly prayers too!). Connor still makes me laugh daily, even on the longest, hardest days. He has had that quality pretty much since birth!
Connor loves spending time doing "guy" things with his daddy...well, doing anything at all with his daddy! It's much less often that I leave everyone at the house than Jonathan does, but when I do, I get to see how hard it must be for Jonathan to head off to work each day and what a joy it is to come home to shrieks of delight from this little boy!
I can't wait to see what that little boy comes up with next!
But not too fast, little baby boy...you don't have to be "big" yet. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment